Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Alone to work again

Just came back after sending my dad to the airport. He's on a business trip (fully paid by the principal) to meet the principal for 10 days. Praying for journey mercy throughout these 10 days. Before he checked in, we (me and my sis) went to the first class lounge to sit and enjoy the classy ambience only enjoyed by frequent flyers and first class flyers. I was wondering when will I get the privilige to have such treatment too (if don't have I also don't mind). While walking back to the carpark, a sign held at the pacific coffee caught my eye. It says" thought of the day - What a child seldom receive he can seldom later give - P.D. James". How true.

Tomorrow I'll be alone to work again. No direct mentor except seeking advice from my other colleagues. I'll also be driving my dad's car to work. I'll be going to a customer to sign off a million dollar contract and possibly another million if things go well. However, these are not my credit but my dad's of coz. As I'm only 5months old in the business, I do not want to bare the responsibility though there wouldn't be any hiccups. I still asked my uncle to accompany me there and let him have the honour to do the signing. For now, I'll be handling the technical aspect of the contract.

One thing that struck me to ponder. My dad asked me how I have been learning in the company so far. Quite alot but still far from even 20% knowledge of all the things that the company has. I said my other colleague, who is the other boss's son should have learned more things than I because he has been in the company for 3 years and has been handling alot of "ja-ba-lang" stuff. Well, to each of his own and I still feel that as long as everyone is working for the company, it doesn't matter who got the contract or who earned more. It's a matter of giving our best and helping one another. My dad told me to teach only when people ask BUT not to teach everything. Must keep some for own to have the edge. Machiam those martial arts teacher who teach the student 90% of the skills but 10% he will keep for himself in case the student overthrow and he still got 10% more and handle him. Hmmm... will not think that much but focus on my own learning and try to absorb as much as I can. Everything that I have is blessed by God.

1 Comments:

At 8/17/2006 5:23 AM, Blogger Jing Xian said...

Life is infinite of learning. So is work.

Keep on learning...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home