Monday, August 07, 2006

Time Flies....

Realised I haven't blog for 3 weeks. Maybe it was due to nothing much to blog about. Maybe i've been giving myself reasons for me to procrastinate from blogging. Maybe I'm just physically and mentally tired after work and stuff. Anyway, let's start the ball rolling...

2weeks ago i had my convocation. Took these pictures.




The first two pics were taken by my mum who managed to take from 2nd storey of the auditorium. Cool right to see a sea of graduates with their gowns and professors in their respective university gowns.



My 2 buddies in my last 18months in NTU. We were in the "same boat". Now only Ming went and did something that is of related to what he studied. An engineer in Keppel shipyard.








Me and my dear dear!! So happy that she was there on my convocation. =) That sums up the the memorable time that happened a fortnight ago.

Last week during cell on friday, I was assigned to lead a game. As I was told to make it an interactive one, I asked my dear for help coz my drawing is very lousy. My dear draw these animals freehand. Very very nice hoh. The cards form the animal game. Basically 2 people will face off and have 2 cards (either elephant and cat or lion and mouse). Whoever wins will get to ask the other person a question. Something about the person which not many people know. (eg, lion will win cat but lose to elephant while elephant will win lion but lose to mouse)
Guess what are the questions asked? I shall reveal the questions but shall not say it is directed to who and what did the person say to provide secrecy. (sounds like a game most of us played in secondary/JC- truth or dare. Just that this time there's only truth. ;p)
- if you were to choose to find a gf/bf within the ministry, who would you most probably choose and why?
- name 5 characteristics that you want in your future husband/wife.
- name 5 characteristics that you would not want to see in your future partner.
- describe your dream house.
- describe your dream vacation
- describe your dream vacation.

Yesterday my parents went to visit my lil sis and she is now learning hairdressing. Heard that she is picking up fast. She's already into learning her 3rd set of module (tieing of hair, dyeing of hair, now is perming) while other gals are still stuck in their 1st. When my dad asked her whether she would want to go back to sch, without much thought she immediately said no. Well, at least now she got something that she is passionate in and enjoys learning. This coming saturday 130pm will be the first home leave after more than 3 months in SGH. Hope that everything will be all right and she'll able to appreciate everything better.

Today went to ST Marine with my dad to attend a suppliers' forum. Imagine when I reached office at 8, I have to set off to fetch my dad to tuas not long after. As usual, we were caught in the morning jam but thank God that we managed to reach the place at 9am and with the strict security, our camera phones were surrendered to the security guard. The forum was also a place where the top 20 suppliers of ST Marine gather to have a little recognition by them and to see the purchasers' faces. I was surprised that Tong Sim is one of the top 6 suppliers of the year 05/06. Other than 1 other supplier whom we know are of the same field, the other 4 are non marine/electrical related. The forum mainly is a place whereby ST Marine sets off what they wish to achieve and expect from the suppliers (and where else to spearhead the campaign other than announcing it to their top major suppliers at a gathering?) We also get to see the shipyard whereby they are building the navy frigate and commercial vessels. It was really an eye opener. The vessels are huge and majestic in their completed form and one will really be amazed at the masterpiece when it finally launches into the sea.

2 Comments:

At 8/12/2006 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on ur graduation liangyun! :)

wendy

 
At 1/20/2008 4:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations! You receive your graduation; I think it is the time to go on a
dream vacation
after 2 long years of hard work for your graduation. Amazing pictures, Thanks for sharing with us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home