Friday, June 30, 2006

One of my past-time

TGIF!!! But tomorrow morning still got to work. Hmmm, heard that after 3 months of probation I should be having alternate saturday off. Come tomorrow, it's my 4th month as sales executive. Not sure will I get off for next saturday. Anyway today I went down to ST Marine at Tuas by myself to meet an engineer there. Real cool when it's just me alone meeting, felt the sense of independence and some form of responsibility. Hee.

Anyway, had a section outing today. Had a good time chatting and catching up. Realised a few had just started blogging too and I've added them to my list of blog reads (You know who you are). Hee. I was sharing with them that one of the overseas transformers forum which i participate in recently held an online competition. It is on kitbash of transformers. As one of my favourite past time is to repaint my transformers, I submitted few of my "can make it" finished pieces as entries. Click on the link to view the forum. http://www.tfmaster.com/forum/ 2 of my works were shortlisted for "best overall" entries. Though I feel that I wouldn't win any prize coz it would be absurb for them to ship the item to Singapore (who's going to bare the cost) and also my works are way below the rest of the entries in that section. However, I'm already very happy that out of 6 works which I sent, 2 of them managed to be "shortlisted". July 1st they would announce which of the works in the respective section (best repaint/best kitbash/best scratchbuilt) gets "shortlisted". Till then, the shortlisted entries can post more pictures to justify and showcase their works. Shall see how tomorrow. Most probably I'll borrow my sis's Nikon SLR to take pictures of the pieces that are "shortlisted".

Oh yar, besides repainting transformers, I also just started repainting gundams. Though I only bought 3 kits. 1 of them is complete (with decals!!!). Can view the gallery in this link. http://nderwaterorld.fotopic.net/ I'm working on another one currently. Yup, enough sharing of this time-consuming but great satisfaction past time of mine. Going to sleep liao. Nitez

2 Comments:

At 6/30/2006 10:27 AM, Blogger Rayzor said...

Great work on those re-paints!!! Keep it up! Glad to know u're still active in ur passion for toys ya, a further testament that u r NOT a workaholic. As for the shortlisting photos, u can experiment with different angles (like other e.g. on the forum), lighting (those which complements your colour combi) and even special features of ur work (avoid having ur minor mistakes exposed). Just my 2 cents.. haha

 
At 6/30/2006 10:29 AM, Blogger Rayzor said...

haha.. hope u get into the final shortlist first ya. All the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home