Friday, June 09, 2006

Mistakes, Stress and I'm sorry dear....

This morning I woke up with a different feeling. Going to work alone without my dad. A sense of responsibility seems to rest on my shoulders. Eg, water the plants, feed the fishes, buying dinner for Doby (our Siberian Husky), and cleaning his poo.

When I reached office I tried to quote the enquiries asap. Before 930am I'm already done. I was asking God, give me things to do. Think God did hear my request and at 10am 2 purchase orders came and that came the first lesson of the day.
1) Always add a statement if price is valid for the total amount purchased only even if it's a regular customer. You never know when his mood swing comes and decides to purchase partially. When I called to clarify he said that I didn't state in my quotation and if I cannot honour then cancel the whole PO (which cost a few thousands).

More lessons came rolling the whole day which meant I made quite a number of mistakes. This was the time I feel so lost at work. Think I rely on my dad to solve the problems too much. Think God is throwing me situations so that I start learning and let these sink into my head. The other mistakes made were
2) I didn't follow up on items that were TBA because I thought that the boss will take care of it since it was he who asked me to quote with the prices stated liao. But it has to come at the time when the boss is overseas where I'm the next on line responsible.
3) Situations will arise due to unforeseen circumstances and must be fast to react to it. As we are a small company, we are given a lot of freeplay and once a new company's enquiry is quoted by one of the sales executive, the future enquiries will be taken care of by him and he will bear the responsibilities.
4) One thing I don't like about a common email is that the whole world (in the office) will know what you wrote to the other party when they reply you because they will go read the contents (don't know is it out of concern or otherwise. Feel quite .... coz I like to write alot to my customers explaining this and that. A particular case was today when I replied to the person that I will honour the purchase order with the price stated because knowing my dad's character he will do the same. While talking to an older female colleague telling her my mistakes made for the day, she told me that she read about honouring purchase order la and knowing your dad's character la...... hmmmm......).
5) Always ask your colleagues whether he has quoted some particular stuff (that amounts to a big order) to anyone recently to prevent killing each other.

The whole day I felt stressed, lousy and was busy with many stuff to quote after 10am. However, after reflecting, I realised that God will not throw me things that I cannot handle and thus I'm looking forward to tomorrow and also the next week for more lessons to learn from.

Because I drove to work, I can find my dear after work. We went to buy our dinner and also Doby's dinner. Everything was going great until I left my girlfriend downstairs with the door open and went up to take my bible and also visit the toilet. During that short 5min, Doby came into the house and made my dear very scared. I thought that my dear had made a comfortable bond with my dog that I thought it was ok to finish my business at the toilet then go down. When I heard her call my name, I realised something is not right liao. The door was closed. Doby not in sight. My dear was very angry and sad. She felt that when she needed me the most I wasn't around. Dear dear, I'm really really sorry. I promise I will not allow Doby in the house if I were to leave your sight the next time.

1 Comments:

At 6/12/2006 2:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Well, as they always say, learn as your grow. Starting out fresh is tough, but I bet you'll gain the experience in time, just like me ^^. Hope you'll be more comfortable to carry more responsibility in the future!.

Also, I bet your 'maomi', will forgive you. It wasnt done on purpose anyway. BTW, when can I book and appointment with this busy man? :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home