Friday, June 02, 2006

workload, mistakes, reservist...

My uncle who was in charge of Sembawang shipyard business negotiations left for holiday to Korea yesterday night. I was to "look after" the requisitions and quote them appropriately. One has to log into an online portal to submit the quotations. From the very start of work till 545pm, I was busy calling up principals for stock availabiliy, submitting quotations, making purchase orders and writing invoices. Double in workload. Have to juggle between my customers and my uncle's. Though it's stressful, I like my work! Get to talk to customers and react differently according to their style. It's a good ground for working under pressure and multi-tasking.

To make things worse, several mistakes which I made previously surfaced (eg, forgetting to indent an item which was supposed to be done 2 months ago! and quoting the wrong amount for an item innocently) and I thank my colleague as he helped me to "put out the fire". However, due to the mistakes made, I learnt something out of it and I believe it is something which I would not be aware if the problem didn't surface.

Mindef is really getting very high tech. I got a phone call 2 days ago from Hendon camp asking me for my status (whether I'm still schooling). Upon knowing that I'm free, he said that i'll be on call up for reservist early next year. This morning, I receive a SMS from Mindef that I have a call up. In the evening, there's an automated call to my phone. When I receive it, it was computer operated (eg, booking cinema ticket like that) and it informed me that I have a mindef call up. After I keyed in my particulars and acknowledged the msg, a SMS came to inform me my acknowledgement of my ICT and include the beginning date (29th Jan 0730hrs) and the end date (9th Feb 2359hrs). I'm amazed.....

3 Comments:

At 6/03/2006 9:00 AM, Blogger Jing Xian said...

Sometimes, mistakes aren't bad things. They made the whole picture clearer and you'll be warned of such mistakes in future!

;p

 
At 6/06/2006 4:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no leh...mindef is not efficient at all lar, i came back 1.5yrs liao, go online to surrender my exit permit, till now...status unknown...haha
how are you man?......jx

 
At 6/06/2006 5:08 AM, Blogger tornado said...

Yo junxiong!
Didn't know you got read my blog.
Good for you lor. Then mindef forever wun call you up. then can slack. haha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home