Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Not to pursue the matter anymore

I've emailed to several people regarding the exhorbitant fee for girls' home.
These few replies are what I get:

1) To MCYS assistant director of girls' home:
They can try to help us file a variation court order and arrange a date. However, my parents have to be there and personally "convince" the judge why he should lower the fees.
There's no guarantee that after the hearing, the fee will be lowered. It can remain status quo or worse, raise higher. (coz what we're paying S$1k per month is already "subsidized" , normal fee per pax is $2-3k per month. They don't want to reveal the breakdown of the cost)
There's no guarantee that I'm allowed to go into the hearing because though I'm her sibling, only parents are allowed in the hearing. And if i'm not allowed in the hearing, the case is might as well considered lost coz it will be a chicken and duck talk between the judge and my parents. Even though there's a translator, he/she wouldn't know the situation much better than me, who's there for my parents to hear what they actually want to bring the point across.

2) To my little sis's ex-counsellor
She thought that the amount she quoted was all right.
She thought that my dad is not retiring this year even though he's at age 62
She thought that if there's any problem can just personally talk to girls home and negotiate without consulting the judge.
All of the above are all based on the ex-counsellor's assumptions. After I spoke to her on the phone and told her, she thought then who confirm. She just kept saying she thought and offered to write a letter to girls home regarding our situation. Thus, this will still lead back to situation 1.

3) To our MP
She just emailed a reply that she has forwarded the situation to the assistant director of MCYS and asked her to look into it. This will again lead back to situation 1.

Hmmm....seems that it's a futile process to try to cut down the fee anymore. My parents decided not to raise liao coz scared later the judge angry and punish us by raising the fee again. All this could be avoided if the ex-counsellor didn't base on her ASSUMPTIONS and acted on her own. Rather, consulted my parents first and see what is an affordable amount they willing to pay. Enough of all these, let's get geared up for the upcoming election. A first world country should have a first world government...... and also a first world opposition party...... according to what I heard from the news reported.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home