Friday, March 31, 2006

Verdict

Today is THE day whereby my lil sis is put on trial at the juvenile court. The judge had spoken and rule my lil sis to 2 years in girls home. My dad said that before the trial, my mum wanted to withdraw the case. It is impossible to do so coz when you put a person in BPC, it means giving up the right and letting the government take control.

Today the pouring rain seems to reflect how my parents feel deep inside their hearts though one cannot see it physically outside. I can feel it. Since my lil sis became problematic, my parents seem to have aged alot. Even during the studio shoot with me and my sis's in convocation gown, the photographer hadto keep asking my parents to smile.

2 years, if you look at it in the perspective of 730days, it's very very long. However, if you look at it in comparison to a lifetime, it is quite short. I consoled my parents that if 2 years can change my lil sis, then it is worth it. It'll be a more tramatizing 2 years if everyday she just go out and mix with bad company. Now she pick up glue sniffing for the KICK of it. Who knows when the threshold of the glue sniffing kick has been reached, she may venture to drugs or worse. The possibility of something major going wrong in 2 years is quite high if she's out in the streets.

2 years in girls home, she can also become a leader in it and get to learn to hold responsibilities so that when she goes to the society, she know what responsibility is all about. If performance is good, she'll be out sooner than usual.

As all of us know about the welfare package that is coming out. Many of us will be getting between 200-800 bucks depending on which type of housing we stay in. Those stay in hdb will get 800 while me .... 200. Today then I know that Girls home also have such a similar policy. It's normal to know that parents have to pay a sum of money for their daughter's accomodation/food in girls home. For your info, those girls who stay in a hdb estate, the parents have to pay a monthly fee of 100 bucks to girls home. However, for those who stay in private estate, parents have to pay a monthly fee of 1.5k! That is 15 times more! And guess what? The treatment is the same. Same lodging. Same food. Same treatment. So why the vast difference? Just that some of us are more blessed doesn't mean have to be "carrot heads" to be chopped. 1.5k monthly for 2 years sums up to almost the amount of tuition fee a University Engineering Undergrad pays for 4 years. I'm not saying that my parents are miser but some stuff just need to be justified. I'll write to ST forum one of these days since election is round the corner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home