Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Phone conversation with 2 agents

Within 24 hours, I had 2 calls from a same insurance company within a time span of less than 24 hours (one was around 9pm yesterday and another at 2pm today). My girlfriend and friends would say that why I would bother to talk to them on the phone for minutes when I'm not interested. Well, I have to be fair and give them a chance to train their perseverance and also test my own knowledge on the products available on the market. Ok, here is the first conversation summary between me and the guy agent.

Right from the start, he told me he was from P******** and want to recommend his company promotion (however, he didn't say his name) and ask whether can spare to listen to his explaination. Initially I said that I already have 2 saving policies and 2 single premium plans and going to sign up 1 investment plan, I don't need to buy another one.

He asked for a chance to explain his stuff which I gave him to do so. He said that their promotion was pay a monthly endowment fund of $127. After 24months, I'll be able to get $100 interest back yearly. After 25 years, I'll be able to get back a lump sum of $12.8k. and at the 28th year I can get back what I had put in. If you do a calculation, it's about 30% interest. However if divide by 25 years by compound interest, my mum say that it's not good enough to commit 25 years! Then I asked about the insurance coverage, he said that it's minimal but didn't provide me the amount (so much for wanting to promote). He said that he wanted to meet up so as to not give me false thinking.

Cut things short, I just didn't want to meet him as he's not my first degree nor 2nd degree friend. Asked him how he got my number and he said it was from a loyal P******* customer. I asked who, he said don't know. He continued to brag about how 3/4 of his clients were ones who said that they have enough policies or too heavy financial commitments. I just told him good for him and he can ask other people since I don't know who is the loyal customer who referred him to me.

2nd conversation with a female agent.
She called me and said she is from P******* and the company is expanding and I've been shortlisted as one of the potential candidates to join the company (again she never say her name). I told her that there was another guy who called to promote stuff the nite before and she seemed stunned. I also said that I'm currently working as an understudy in my dad's company.

She: So do you like your work?
Me: Yes
She: Oh, then do you think you'll be working the same job for the rest of your life?
Me: Yar

Then she changed topic to try to build up a friendship by asking how come of so many policies I bought, none from her company. I told her that maybe whenever the person from the company called, it's either the wrong time or situation.

She: Would it be possible if I do a financial analysis with you to see which areas of your policies may need enhancement?
Me: Nope, I'm a poor understudy now fetching less than 1 k home monthly.
She: Oh, then how about I keep in contact with you in the future coz your financial situation will change as time goes by.
Me: Anything
She: Alright, how about few months later?
Me: I think you can call me back few YEARS later

Can sense that she getting abit stunned by my words time and time again. She wanted to cut the conversation by asking whether I got anyone to refer to her who may need a job (be an agent like her). I said no, all are either happy with their jobs now or not wanting to be an agent.

Then I asked her the same question I asked the male agent on how did she get my number.

She: I got it from a loyal customer.
Me: Ya, the male agent said the same thing. When I do referrals from other companies (P*** C****), they would call up my referrals and said that I recommended him/her to them. But without knowing the name of your loyal customer how would I know it's real or not.
She: Perhaps the person don't want you know, wait you disown them (the exact words which she said)
Me: Haha.. why? If it's something good, then why would I disown them unless it's something bad?!
She: Erm... I dunno....
Me: Perhaps the person hate me that's why refer you to me.
She: Ehh... perhaps.... well, anyway nice chatting with you and have a nice day.

3 Comments:

At 3/08/2006 4:40 AM, Blogger EeyoreLand said...

aiyoo.... tink u r too "friendly" liao lar.... must be like me... those pple who "highly recommend" me will be scolded by me!!! hahaha.... or niao till he die... so nobody dare to call me liao... u got meow meow liao... can no nid be so "friendly" liao lar... hehehee

 
At 3/09/2006 3:37 AM, Blogger Jing Xian said...

HP incoming free is like that de. Heehee.

Maybe its just another scam.

 
At 3/10/2006 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yah nigel you're too patient with this kinda people...

on the other hand, if your sis/bro was one of them...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home