Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Is there a difference?

My lil sis is going to Junvenile court tomorrow. My dad told the counsellor what she had done and the counsellor is bringing her to the court tomorrow. High chance that she'll be put in girls' home. My mum is not willing to go coz she does not want the judge to scold her again for nothing. As my lil sis was caught by police for glue sniffing, the verdict will be out on 17th. Most probably will end up in rehabilitation centre or girls' home. But coz my dad told the counsellor, she'll most probably be put in earlier than the police can set the verdict.

My mum feels that there's a difference between

(a) Reporting to counsellor and putting her in girls' home coz she can put the blame on the parents. And carry the blame throughout her 2 years in girls' home.

(b) Letting the police set the verdict and put her in girls' home coz it will let her feel that she has no one to blame. Then she will feel that if need to change will be herself.

My dad feels that my lil sis didn't want to go school, didn't want to pick up a skill, didn't want to work, only lazy around daily. Somemore now come the glue sniffing case. And currently she's seeing a guy who just entered NS and drives a bike. My dad feels that things will run wild if it carries on like this.
===================================================================

There's more and more chaos nowadays in Singapore. Summary of local news that caught my attention recently which made me think of the morals and values that Singaporeans have now.
- Nanyang Poly Clip (didn't want to write the popular search name in case there's a sudden influx of visits of my blog). Almost all my male colleagues gathered to watch the clip while I resisted from it to keep my stand as a Christian.
- "one-eye dragon" gunman in Singapore
- Nanoi baby dumped
- VJC scholar jumped down from 8th storey building last week
- TPJC student jumped from 11th storey building few days ago

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home