Thursday, February 09, 2006

Seeing my lil sis weep for the first time in her teenage years

I'm blogging what happened on monday nite.

After the incident of particulars being taken down by the police while everyone was at grandparents house celebrating my grandfather's birthday, my lil sis came back at around midnite to change her clothes. Initially she wanted to bring her frens (girl A & B and 3 other teenager guys) into the house but my mum forbidded her to do so. Woke my dad up as he's the head of the household.

During the whole commotion, the rest of my lil sis's frens were outside of the house waiting for her. My dad was quite furious and couldn't control his temper anymore. Initially he asked her to tell her frens to go back home and she come back home and sleep. When she dun wan, my dad was fuming (can see his face turn red) and wanted to step out of the house and go outside and scold her frens. My mum and I stopped him from doing so as it'll not help in the situation at all. While stopping my dad, he was shouting and scolding my lil sis from making the whole family upside down for the past 2 years. He said that of all the children he have, he pampered her the most and showed the most love and concern for her. She's the little princess in his eyes. Never beaten her nor not buying the things that she wanted since young. Why she has to make him so angry and heartache. I have to admit that when my dad said those words out, I could sense the sadness he's feeling as a father and could see his eyes abit wet.

At that moment, I had a hard time trying to control my feelings. (almost wanted to drop a tear coz can feel the sadness in my heart too). I broke my silence as a brother (I seldom speak when my parents are talking to my lil sis but when I do, it's normally when my parents dunno what to say already or things are going to be catastrophic.) and told my lil sis," no parent in this world would wanna see their children go girl's home coz they love them too much. You're their flesh and blood. Our Dad is not threatening you. He's just asking you to go and think and which route you wanna choose. You can choose to study, learn a skill, or work to earn a pay. Papa and mummy dun wan you to be doing nothing when one day they passed away. It's for your own good. If you do not care about yourself, no one else can change you. If our papa and mummy do not love you, they would not even allow you to stop school and let you learn hairdressing since you said you got no interest in studying. For other family, if you said they you dun wanna study, you'll be thrown out of the house. What they're asking now is, since you not interested in studying, not interested in hairdressing then what you wanna do? If you said that papa and mummy has not loved you, then tell them what they have to do."

As expected like what my fren lene has said, my lil sis replied she dunno. How long will she know what she going to do, she dunno. She replied that we adults do not honour the words, keep on using sending her back to girl's home as a threat. All the while she's been very stressed by the thoughts of probation, counselling and going back to girl's home. She dun wan to go there. She want her freedom. When she speak these words, she was weeping already.

My dad told her that he will not say anything to the counsellor the next day (the following day is my lil sis's weekly meet the counsel session). Let her do the talking. Coz when my dad said anything about the curfews she has broken many times, immediately she'll be in girl's home. He'll let her hang out with her frens tonite until the next day. But go and think about what had been said.

My lil sis went to change her clothes and went out of the house. Finally peace at 12+ near to 1am. My mum on the alarm when the door is closed coz she scared that my lil sis will sneak in with her frens. (there's always something bad that will happen when she bring girls and guys to stay over nite. 2 occasions found evidence that seems like glue sniffing thus my parents are very strict about guys staying overnite.)

When I went back to my room, I could see my lil sis and her frens loitering outside of the house sitting in the middle of the road chatting. One of them even brought our husky out for a walk. Think they stayed till 1+am and carried on their nite journey somewhere else in our neighbourhood.

1 Comments:

At 2/13/2006 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey the "thrown out of the house" line was my contribution hor?? hehe.. Hope she's changing for the better!

khal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home