Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Kill, Steal & Destroy

Reunion dinner is in 3 days time and CNY is in 4 days time. For the 2nd consecutive year, I've not felt the real festive and joyous feeling in the family. Last year my mum was affected by my little sis's havok ways that she stopped what she had been doing for the CNY routine the previous few years. She didn't make love letters, new year goodies or stuff that she's good in. Even the new year decor are all very last min bought and put up.

This year, the atmosphere is still tense. My mum gave her an ATM which had her Ang Bao money consolidated for the past few years few months ago. Within 2 weeks, she spent 1.2k away. Ok, $160 was on doing her hair. But the rest that were withdrawed didn't know where it went to. Immediately, my mum managed to keep the card and only give her the allowance card which has less than $20 in it. My mum only top up not more than $20 each time she needs it. With the coming of CNY and of coz uncles and aunties giving ang baos, my parents really do not know how to stop her. Only way is for all relatives not to give us ang baos and we do not give out too. I know that'll be quite sour but really..... there aren't any feasible alternatives left.

Quoting from a forum fren's post
"well, for your sis, i would not give an inch of respect if it's not reciprocated. if i got to shame, i'll shame. got to put her pride in the right place. anyway, since she hopes to learn hairdressing, well, got to give her a chance and see how. if not, just boot her off to gal's home. not to shed responsibilities but letting her learn what it is and to keep her from stray friends and stuff. if she doesn't learn from gal's home, what makes you think she gonna learn it from your home? keep the money purse tight and stand firm on it. tell her that if she ain't studying, she got to earn her keep."

Left the note on the table for a few days, this morning I saw a handwritten note below it. Should be written by my lil sis
"Hey, just WTH is about all these. do you really think girls home can change da teenagers? YOU'RE TOTALLY WRONG KAYS! Go ask mummy about what I and my friend had told about we teenager. She have hears lots of it from us okay! YOU ALL JUST DON't UNDERSTAND WE TEENAGER! Please think about why we teenager do such things! Okays! Think about it lorhs! I DON'T WANNA TALK MUCH TO ALL! You all just always act as if you all do really understand us! It's all s**t!! That's what I can say. Da way you all think about we teenager is SUCKS!"

Since the last time, from 4 girls (including my sis), now left we 3 in our house. 1 of them had a quarrel with my lil sis and she chase her away already. The girl came from a hostel (one level below girl's home category type). The other 2 whom are still staying, let's refer as A & B. A is quarrel with her mum that's why dun wanna go home. B since young has been sold away to a family without child. B never know who her real parents are. B also dun like her home and dun wanna go home. My sis being the loyal type dun wan them to go back and suffer that's why keep them in. Even juz now when I saw B's foster parents came and wanna bring her back, 2 of them go in the room talk for some time, come out still the 2 of them. Saw the foster mum with tissue wiping tears. Dunno whether they'll be calling the police to come my house or wat. I also dunno what to say........

Thus our home has recently become orphanage for the teens. I think cannot counter with violence or laws but with love and prayer already. 3 posts ago, I blogged that Satan is finding ways to kill, steal and destroy.

Satan hopes that there'll be quarrels (I can see that thru parents and child, and even within my parents. Me being the eldest child of the family and only Christian, it just dawned upon me that I dun wan to see Satan's plan come to past. Peacefully, I took the opportunity to speak to my parents individually about not to vent the frustration on each other but to love and support each other. It's true that you're angry and may even wanna put the blame on your other partner at times, but dun use the angry words on your partner. It hurts.)

Satan hopes that thru quarrels come destruction. Thru destruction comes death. It may not mean physical death but death of your inner self spirit. The spirit of love will just fade and die if destruction is so strong.

For those who are reading the blog, the only thing I ask is that thru the post it will remind you about
your family (how you're treating ur family members),
about love (how you're treating your love ones - taking them for granted? or really showing ur appreciation?)

For us Asians, many of us (not saying all) are still quite conservative in terms of expressing our appreciation to our family and love ones. One may say action speaks louder than words. But words are still very powerful and impactful form of tool (be it using it positively or negatively to all aspects and areas of your life). Don't let Satan creep into your life, into your family to kill, steal and destroy. Keep us in prayer if you wanna offer a little help.

1 Comments:

At 1/24/2006 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, i feel that what's the point if you're reaching out your hand but she's not reaching out hers too?

If she doesnt want to 'make you understand' her as she supposedly say that 'we do not understand teenagers, then you just have to resort to the hard way. Because obviously, the soft method doesn't seem to be working...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home