Saturday, January 14, 2006

Prime Time of the week

I was talking to my friend last week coz he was interested to coming to church thus I told him it's not sunday. Sunday is family day for every young adults to spend time with their parents/family. I said I go to 730pm saturday Young Adult Service. He said," Wah, 730pm saturday ah. Prime time man. See how la."

Suddenly, the thought that came to my mind was that in the society today, most of the people (teenagers to 30s) regard Saturday nights as the most precious time for the week. A night where one can havok till late without worrying of work the next day (coz is Sunday). And thus, young adults going for service at such a timing shows that they choose to give this most important time of the week to a church service where it can be vibrant and happening. Dun believe? Be there to witness yourself. They are definitely not geeks or nerds or boring or anything like that. Gurantee plus chop.

I was serving as celebration host yesterday and I happen to bump into Yanhan (Leon). Lost contact with him since he graduated from NIE. Quite surprised to see him there coz he's from another church. He said he's accompany 2 of his colleagues to attend this young adult service and after the service I chatted with him and he said he was blessed by the sermon and sharing. It also made me think that even in a church, you can get to see old friends in some ways or another.

So how do you spend your Prime Time of the week? Is it busy shopping? or slacking at home watching tv? Catching up with frens, updating the latest gossips or sale? or doing something meaningful that is larger than life?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home