Tuesday, March 28, 2006

After 3 times, I've learnt to say "NO"

Yesterday was a record set. 3 calls from P********* within a month promoting their newly launched product joint with OCBC to me. As usual I chatted with the person but I didn't want to meet him. I "grilled" him on how he got my info till he finally gave up and hang up. My gf felt that I was very cruel and should just tell him I'm not free and hang up. End their misery and stop demoralising them. I told myself that next time any call asking me whether I'm free to talk on the phone or not I'll just say "no". When they ask when can call again...... I shall say, "next year". ;p (kidding of coz)

Just now a lady called me. (think it was the person who called regarding the lucky draw thing). As my gf was around, I told her I not free to listen what she wanted to tell me. Yeah! I've learnt to say "NO!". That's not so hard after all. Hee

My parents went to visit my little sis today. According to my dad, she seemed more calm. (probably due to the amount of time she spent doing nothing but reflecting on herself). She kept asking of what did the counsellor told them. This friday she'll have to face the judge again to hear the verdict. Till now, the blood sample test result still not out (this friday will be 1 month liao), inefficient! My dad was telling my lil sis that if she didn't create so much trouble upon herself, she would be on a holiday with my other sis in New Zealand right now (Yup, my other sis went to New Zealand yesterday night for a week tour before she officially start her UMCi work).

2 weeks at work has never been boring. Everyday is a new learning experience for me. I also think of ways to make things more efficient or easier to organize. Created simple database for my future enquiries, created conversion table from euro to Sing dollar and marking up a certain percentage for profit all in a spreadsheet. Thank God for people who are willing to impart what they learnt to me. In return, I also taught them computer stuff to make find things faster which they initially didn't know exist. As my colleague says, though the salary is not anything fantastic, he likes the freedom that he has in the office. The bosses put their trust in their fellow workers that they'll do their job and not laze around. My colleague was saying that the previous job he had in a US MNC, every move was like being watched and the progress has to be reported weekly. There'll be weekly/monthly meetings and stuff. Over here, there exist both a employer/employee relationship and a friendship type of relationship.

Tomorrow will be the 2nd time I'm going to follow up on my outdoor sales. Near Benoi (Tuas) area. It'll be a long journey but I believe I'll learn something more again. =)

1 Comments:

At 3/28/2006 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello it's 'last night' , not 'yesterday night'.
Yesterday is day, and day cannot be night.

sorry, auditors always pick on pple's mistakes u know

 

Post a Comment

<< Home