Friday, March 17, 2006

Inefficiency

My blog is finally up! Yesterday several bloggers experience the same type of error trying to access/post their blogs. Of coz my post is not about the inefficiency of blogspot (taking 1 day to fix the problem) but the inefficiency of the police/respective departments doing the blood test analysis.

Yesterday my parents and my sis (not the lil one) went down to the police post to collect and know the result of the blood test of my lil sis which was taken 2 weeks ago. When they reached there, they saw several parents and their children there awaiting for the result. The teenagers took the police post as a common place when they saw one another and chit chat as though they're at the coffee shop. When the police came out, they told everyone that the blood test result not out yet, have to wait a few days more. Man, 2 WEEKS and still can't analysis anything yet! Are they taking their own sweet time or blood test really takes such a long time?

It set me thinking of the people who have AIDS and donate their blood without knowing they have AIDS because it'll take more than half a year for the virus to be active and detected. Hmmmm, next time people who needs blood have to worry whether the blood is really "clean". Of coz, i'm exaggerating the figures but that doesn't rule out even the 1% chance of it happening.

===========================================================================

Recently, I received a call saying that I'm a lucky winner of a contest which I participated sometime back last year even though I said that I don't recall filling up any contest forms. The indian lady tried to convince me that I really won by verifying my particulars (name/IC/DOB) with me. She asked me when I can come and collect the prize. Their location is at faber house in orchard road. She even asked if I got a girlfriend. If have, bring her along and collect. In addition, she asked if I got a credit card. If have, by flashing the card I'll be able to get an additional prize. Still not convinced by her words, I just told her that I'm not free during the weekdays, she said she'll call me again on saturday to confirm another date.

I posted up my situation in a few local forums and they said that it's a scam. Something like timeshare where they will pressurize you to buy some products which in any normal situations you will not bother to buy. If got credit card better still, they can ask you to buy the more expensive ones. Something like giving you a cheap watch (those 3 for $10) but asking you to buy some few hundred or few thousand dollars worth of products.

If any of you have the same experience, will appreciate if you would leave a comment so that people will know how real/fake it is. What I experience is just through people's experience but with the belief that there is no free lunch in this world, I dun think I want to waste 3-4 hours being tested in my psychological area.

===========================================================================

After the post of "how to survive the corporate jungle without losing your soul", a few of my friends came up to me asking for the location of the church coz they want to attend or they want to bring a friend to attend this series. It really set me thinking that with so many different people reading this blog, there may be the possibility of people going to this particular series today or the following saturday without knowing who they actually are. It's a good thing though coz we're all so caught up with work that most of the time we may feel that what we're doing are like robots (coz we've somehow lost our soul in the corporate jungle). I challenge the people who are still thinking whether to go or not to just go. I believe that the 1-2hours spent is definitely worth more than your usual hanging out with friends for that 1 or 2 saturdays. Somemore, it's free. Normally if you attend such course, there'll be a minimal fee to cash on the corporate people. Thus, Go! I believe God will bless you and even impart you the skills to survive the corporate jungle without being one of the many lost (or in the midst of losing their) souls out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home