Monday, May 08, 2006

First official visit to Girls' Home by my parents

To close off the election issue, as expected PAP won 82 wards of the available 84. What was surprising was though the opposition party retained their wards, the percentage of their votes rose. My colleague felt that if PM Goh didn't "help" the respective candidates, the results may be different. Well, what's past is past. Verdict has been set. All the hoo-ha are gone. Only to look forward to GE2010/11/12? Now maybe the rest of the people are looking forward to WC2006. WP almost won Aljunied GRC. Hmm... wonder the "dangerous" sub areas will be cut and put into marine parade or bishan the next time round. hhaha...

My parents went to visit my little sis in Girls' home for the first time officially. They went with mixed feelings (guilty of putting her in, relieved putting her in. Wonder will she blame them and hate them forever) but thank God she was happy to see them. She passed 2 small notes (one for my mum other for her primary school friend) to my parents and told them to open it when they reached home. The setting was like parents visiting their children during army. In a room with about 10 tables and chairs to sit and chat. They were given half an hour to eat and chat, afterwards the next batch of 10 will come and meet their parents. Total there were about 8 shifts.

When my parents reached home, my dad read one of the notes. It was meant for my mum. Inside the letter, my lil sis wrote that she didn't blame my parents for what they did. Indeed she realised her mistake and she hoped that she will change for the better in girls' home. She intends to take up hairdressing course thus she'll be studying one year of secondary (only English and Maths till next year July) then she'll go to NIE for hairdressing course. Thus in actual fact, she's actually faster (half a year) than her peers who are outside studying in secondary school and wanting to go NIE. Really pray that what she wrote is meant for real and she'll be wise and determined enough to differeniate between good and bad. She also added that she never realised when is Mother's day till this very time and how much she missed my mum and how much she wanted to celebrate for her. She couldn't coz the next time she get to see her is 2 weeks later. She ended off saying that she realised she's the most fortunate girl in the world and she love my mum alot.

The other note is meant for her primary school friend whom my parents trust. Inside the note my lil sis asked her to help consolidate whoever her friends want to say to her to write to her. When my mum contacted her, she told her that the friends who were caught gluesniffing told the police that the mastermind of the glue-sniffing case was my lil sis. If my lil sis know about this, she'll definitely be furious (she's been made the scapegoat but it doesn't affect her coz she's now in girls home under court order). My mum told her friend to write what she know to her coz my lil sis will believe what her friends say compared to parents (according to last time la). Till then... everything looking good and thanks for the people who has been keeping a little prayer for my lil sis. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home