Saturday, June 17, 2006

Down with Viral Cough.....

Last year around this time I had cough which lasted for almost a month. It was a horrible period as I was coughing every few minutes. 4-5 days ago I started such cough again. I seldom visit the doctor unless it's something very serious and yesterday I went to the same doctor I visited a year ago.

Told him that I had dry cough and he looked at my previous visit record and it had the same symptoms. Haha. He asked me whether the previous prescription work out well but I said it didn't work abit. He thought for a moment and said that last time besides the cough mixture, he prescribed antibiotics which were meant to suppress bacteria infection. This time he felt that it is viral infection and prescribed an antibiotic which contains Steriods!!! He said Steriods, in right amount, help to suppress viral inflammation. New revelation on Steriods. haha.

Another ironic thing is that cough mixture will cause drowsiness but steriods will cause one to be more alert. So if I eat both together, how can I be both drowsy and alert? After 3 consumptions, I feel i'm more awake than drowsy. As I'm blogging this, I'm in a blur mode. Think I shall go and rest now. Still feel very "xin ku" when I try to talk as it'll make me want to cough more. sigh....

Oh yar, tomorrow is 2nd visit to SGH with my sister. Got to buy ice cream (which I cannot eat) and ba chor mee (don't want tur kua).

1 Comments:

At 6/27/2006 3:50 AM, Blogger i.o.t.a said...

hey nigel.. i was sick during the past few days and the doc diagnosed it as a virus infection. However he said I didn't need antibiotics as that is for bacteria infection! So if he is correct, you shouldn't be taking any antibiotics.. right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home