Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Rejections, rejections and more rejections...


Nope, my quotations weren't rejected my customers but I was rejected by girls (not 1 but many) and guys (don't anyhow think). Ya, out in the streets or Orchard Road on a hot national day afternoon.

Was out on the streets with my fellow cell mates to distribute "I need a miracle-power weekend" flyers. Each one of us was allocated different areas (Eg, outside hereen, outside cinelesiure, outside mandarin hotel, outside somerset mrt. I was stationed to the area closer to taka but still within mandarin hotel vicinity. As I held the stack of flyers, I was telling to God that every single flyer that i'm holding is a ticket for a person to be able to go to heaven and I'm not going to rest until I give all of them.

Just as I was walking towards my area, I saw one of the flyer in the dustbin!! I was thinking no one else was ahead of me giving out the flyers, how come in the dustbin already. It dawned upon me that maybe a few hours ago, another cell was distributing around the same area. There goes a ticket. You must be wondering how come I go look at dustbin? Because normally I receive flyers out in the streets I would throw them into the dustbin after reading (but it's because it's really rubbish material)

After 15min of giving out the flyers, I only managed to give out about 10+ flyers (i got about 80+ of them initially). I received a call from 1 of my friends, she said she already finished giving out and were chilling out at Swensons already!! I was thinking,"is it because they are girls and that's why easy to give out so fast?? or I'm so unlucky?" Many people either gave me the 5 finger sign or treated me as Ms invisible's cousin.

Another 15min had gone and I had only cleared half of my stack. 2 of my fellow cell mates came and helped me with half of what I have left. Within another 10min, I managed to clear up everything! Before I went to meet the others at Swensons, I went to peak at the dustbins along the stretch of mandarin hotel and I should just say there was no dustbin that does not have any ticket to heaven in it. I just felt demoralised that I was rejected so many times even though I dressed nicely, I smiled at them and I even stand in the sun instead of the shade to show my sincerity. Of coz there were people whom saw my gesture and when I passed them the flyers, they didn't give me the 5 finger sign and they took it. I was also the last to finish giving and with external help too. =(

The only consolation thing was that I get to see my dear with her family at kallang river to watch the NDP fireworks. But I have to fetch my sis and her fren from esplanade area after that and thus couldn't join her for dinner. =/

I just pray that out of the 60+ flyers that were given out through me (with don't know how much percentage of the flyers went to ministry of environment currently), 1 come for the power weekend I'll be very contented already. At least I would know that the afternoon of sweat cum "humiliation and rejection" didn't go down to the drain. =\

1 Comments:

At 8/26/2006 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bro, take heart. I can assure you I used to be one of those who either don't bother to take this kind of flyers, or take and throw. You have sowed the seeds, others will do the watering, while some others will do the harvesting. Amen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home