Saturday, February 03, 2007

1st week of my 3rd ICT

Finally, a week of ICT has passed. Previously I was thinking whether would I be able to gel with the team members or being thrown around as a spare man as I missed my previous ICT due to schoolwork. All these thoughts were unnecessary as I was allocated back into my old team. *yeah*

On the very first day, we were briefed of the changes in structure of the Army and also in Cdo. The treatment has definitely improved when they view us as taxpayers rather than NSF 6years ago. Definitely, we still need to show our respect to the officers as we are still soldiers serving the nation during the ICT. As the Army now is transiting into 3G, our unit is also making changes in the structure. Our unit has "multiplied" from 1 battalion to 2. However, the total strength difference between the later and the former has decreased. How is it so? A good example is our company which comprises of 3 platoons has been divided into 2 companies with 6 detachments each. You do your maths and you will understand why I said the unit has multiplied but total strength has decreased. Is this the "in" trend nowadays? Hmmm....

Anyway, the past week has been a breeze with the usual "rush to wait, wait to rush" mentality. A task which has been passed down to be done say at 830am, it was completed at 930 or 10am max. The rest of the time is sleeping in the bunk waiting for lunch. The same thing will repeat after lunch and a few light PT sessions in the evening. That sums up for the week.

Next week will be 4 day 3 nights at Tekong. Heard that the field camp site now has safari beds, individual cupboards and fans! This is definitely something different compared to my time when all it has are 4 walls with probably a few windows for ventilation. True or myth, I'll be finding out tomorrow.

Tonight need to book in at 2200, sigh... got Superstar finals at 730pm and thailand vs Singapore finals at 8pm... and I'm down with cold and flu due to the "powerful fan" that is blowing in our bunk. Think the fan is dehydrating our body at a very fast rate as many people I "interviewed" also down with the same syndrome when they sleep on the upperdeck. Just hope that this coming week whiz past fast fast and I can be back in the civilian world and able to spend time with my dear dear! *yeah*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home