Sunday, December 11, 2005

RESPECT

You respect a person because you look up to a person because of what she/he does or says.

In my opinion, you must respect a person before gaining the respect from the person. Otherwise no matter how good you do/say, you'll not win the person over. This is something I practice in my daily encounters with people.

Yesterday after service, I was quite upset over what a friend of mine had said. My girlfriend was sick and alone at home. I told my friends that she was sick and I wanted to go buy dinner for her. This friend said:" Since she is sick, leave her alone to have rest and you join us for supper. Don't go disturb her." Hello, she's my girlfriend and she's sick and alone at home, it's my duty to take care of her. Doesn't he have the sensitivity to think that way? Her wife is pregnant now. Would he neglect her wife and go out with his friends for supper if she's sick and alone at home?? One difference may be that I'm not married while he's married. However, the way I treat and view my girlfriend doesn't differ from a life partner. I'm committed to her.

I also regretted that I was taken in by his pressure and went for supper. I initially wanted to eat there and once finished eating, packet food back for my girlfriend. But by the time I finish eating, they stop cooking and beginning to close shop liao. When I went to my house area to buy food, she's already upset with me and don't want me to waste time find her as it was near midnight. Sorry maomi.... I'll not succumb to pressure by people whom dun respect people in a personal way.

2 Comments:

At 12/12/2005 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, how can you do that! But I wouldnt add to your misery ^^. Knowing you, the always amicable friend, I can understand how peer pressure works. But now you've got a girlfriend liao, muz prioritize ok ;P.

 
At 12/14/2005 7:12 PM, Blogger tornado said...

thanks for comments lene, yup, I'll make my gf the most special lady in the world! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home