Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Christmas decor & underwaterworld


Exams are over, even work has been shifted down one gear by the amount of job advertisements shown on the straits times. It has come to this festive where everyone in the world celebrate Christmas. A season of giving.

Every year we'll see different kinds of decorations inside department stores and outside the malls & streets. One particular store I'll keep a lookout is Tang's whereby they never fail to put up christian verse or meanings to decorate the christmas atmosphere.

This year, the above is quote is Tang's verse. "Even wise men seek Jesus". A short but not many people will think twice about the meaning. What do you think?

http://nderwaterorld.fotopic.net
(click the link to view many more pics)
Last sunday, my parents, sis and I went to sentosa. It's been more than a year since I last went there. Still remember the times when I was a beach boy during the year when I was about to ORD till my 1st year in NTU. Was really great to play beach volleyball, and enjoying the sun, sand & the sea.

This time round, I didn't venture to the beach but to the underwaterworld. Now it's having a 30% offer entrance fee. Just need to produce your Singapore IC and just need to pay $13.40. Promotion till next month I think. Anyway, the fishes have indeed grown much bigger and the new attraction (crabs) definitely made the trip & money worthwhile. (click on my fotopic folder to view more pictures)

At night we were venturing around the island before the night musical fountain show begin and stumbled upon entrance of cinemax. The one whereby 3D rides with motion chairs. Upon walking deeper, I found a pair of colored walls greeting me. However, behind it is a very big plot of carpark specially for coaches and cars to park. Thinking back, fantasy island was residing on that very plot of land more than 10 years ago. It's a real pity that it had to be closed down and ended up being a CARPARK. Even asian village or volanoland are still there. Really missed the rides of fantasy island. I think the best alternative that can be on par with it is our neighbouring country's sunway lagoon. Wild wild wet can't even be compared with it. Well, the saying goes, CHANGE is the only thing that is constant. Things that are not feasible or profitable have to give way to more economic ones. Fantasy island can only be in my memory....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home