Monday, January 14, 2008

Listening to the master's voice

Today is my first day of ICT. Finally got a chance to take a break from work and re-unite with old friends and network with them. Coincidentally, quite a number were my secondary school friends, a few JC frens, business associates and my dear dear's lil aunt's husband! Such a small world. After hearing the overview of what's coming up for these 2 weeks, it shouldn't be too shiong. This week there would be live firing for the whole of Thursday (which happen to be my birthday :<) and I hope I can get marksman ($200) as Army's birthday prezzie for me! Hee. Friday and Saturday would be planning for ops order the whole day. (saturday burn)

Next Monday to Wednesday would be 3day 2nite at Tekong for mission and after that would quite sum up the main events for this ICT. Thursday return store and Friday out-process for those who have cleared IPPT. Hope I can clear my IPPT this coming Saturday! =)

Just want to mention something i wanted to blog about but didn't have the time. Few nights ago, Doris sneaked out when the gate was accidentally left open. When my dad noticed that Doris was no where to be found, he called me and i quickly went out and shouted for her name. Luckily, Doris was hiding behind some car sniffing some stuff and when she heard me call for her, she appeared and ran to me into the house. To reward her for listening, I leashed her and brought her out for a walk. =)

At that moment, it dawned upon me that Doris regards me as her master and she recognizes my voice when I called for her. How often are we able to recognize our Heavenly Father's voice? It's only through spending lots of time will one be able to recognize His voice. Have you spent time with your Heavenly Father today?

2 Comments:

At 1/19/2008 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Papa, happy belated birthday! Have a blessed year ahead and may you always be in tune with our Master's voice. =)
("The Master" reminds disturbingly of a character of the same name in Dr.Who, though, who used mind-control to ensure no resistance as he took over the world)

 
At 1/21/2008 7:46 AM, Blogger Jing Xian said...

Nod nod... We do wander around sometimes, but we need to know we have to get back to Lord's mighty hands..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home