Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Congrats my dear fren!

Almost 2 months! I wonder are there any more readers who visit my humble blog.
I know I'm like switching roles with my dear dear. She's blogging more often then I do now and more functions and gadgets on her blog.

Ok, let me recap on what were exciting events that happened the past 2 months.
Hmmm.... shucks... I think I got short term memory... I only can recall what happened last month. oops...

Last month was Life Conference and it was really a "life-injecting", "recharging of passion" and "feeling the heartbeat of God." The guest speakers, one is full of Faith, the other is full of the Spirit, are really Man of God. Wherever they go, God is with them and it brought revival and physical healings that even modern science or medicine could not phantom. Listening to their real life testimonies really amazed me of how God uses people whom we think are "no hope, useless junk" into powerful warriors, God's soldier. It is not the first time I hear of senior pastors of churches who were once secret society members, or drug addicts, or those super pai kias. God is really God of wonders. Even though all of us are re-charged, it is easy for this energy to be drained away by life's pressures, burdens and lies spoken by the devil. Thus, we have to not depend on ourselves but partner with God in whatever little things that we do and you will see how God works wonders.

Next spectacular event was the movie event of the year! TRANSFORMERS - The movie. Though I didn't manage to get tickets for the gala premier, my dear and I went to watch the opening day (Thursday). I took half a day so that we can catch a 645pm show without an empty stomach. I can say that the 2hr plus movie was full of excitment, actions and humour. As I was procrastinating from buying this movie line of toys, my perseverance crumpled when I decided to buy prime and bumblebee (thanks Jeff for helping me to get BB! yeah!). Even kids and ladies want a piece of bumblebee coz he's loyal, friendly and cool. I was at a departmental store to "hunt" for bumblebee coz I didn't have one at that time and I hear a small boy say "ahhhh.. no more bumblebee. Mummy, I want bumblebee!". I was thinking "wow, finally transformers have a continuation generation. It will no longer stop at the 80s kids who are now adults (me) or even daddies. Even though it may mean more 'competition', but it's a good sign. I would prefer my kids to like transformers than some teletubbies which i find makes no sense." It's really a revival of transformers. All around the world, most will know who is bumblebee, optimus prime, megatron and starscream. Suddenly a thought came to my mind. "what will it take for such a similar revival to happen in the spiritual realm?" When will we see people reading the bible in every corners of the earth, talking about Jesus, or Isaiah, Peter, Joseph, etc; people approaching the sick and praying for them and immediately they get healed miraculously?

Last but not least, the last event I wanna share is the one related to my title. Congratulations Desmond and Fanny on your wedding! It was 07/07/07. Early morning I woke up at 6+ to wash my car coz my car supposed to be one of the "brother" car. But it rained heavily after i finished my car wash. Shucks, how can it rain on this blissful day?!! But thank God that when I reached Desmond's place at 815am, it was down to only a slight drizzle and before we went out to fetch the bride, the rain has stopped. It was my first time being a best man and I didn't know what was installed for us. What type of sabos there'll be. Get a preview of what's going to come in 2-3year's time. hiak hiak. Everything went on time and really thank God for the cooling weather, not much hiccups and the blessed evening I had catching up with my primary school frens at the dinner and also the great company with my dear dear. The only regret was I didn't take a picture with Cat on that night. She looked gorgeous!! Wait till I get the dinner photo together with the wedding couple and upload online.

Oh ya, during the dinner when they showed the montage made by Desmond and Fanny, it showed both Desmond's & Fanny's life transitions, from the beginning to kindergarten, primary school, secondary, poly, army (for desmond), couplehood and finally their union. It was really heartwarming and there was a deep sense of happiness within me that one of my best friends in life has settled down. Even Desmond's dad who is a very strict and stern person but on that day, he was full of smiles and can really see that he's real proud and happy for his son.

To end the post, I shall share the song that was played on Desmond's wedding montage. A chinese song sang by TANK. Fei ni mo shu. Very nice. (oh ya, and it's the FIRST time i direct link a youtube clip to blogspot. hee. Sorry, take so long to learn when it is just so easy.)

Another version by a lady Ariel

1 Comments:

At 7/11/2007 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay dude, the start of your entry was so similar to the start of the previous entry, I thought you didn't blog at all! I was going to leave a note saying that if you didn't blog, people will give up checking on your blog, then I realised that the date for your post was like yesterday's date. Hahaha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home